“And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.” — Hebrews 10:25 (NLT)
Connect Groups are an absolutely vital part of a thriving spiritual life. These groups are how people connect to others through meaningful relationships and find support and encouragement when they need it most. They are also the place where we are challenged to grow in our spiritual life and learn more about God and how we apply His truths to our lives.
So, how do you keep your group going strong through all seasons?
- Don’t be afraid to pick up the phone. Whether it’s a phone call or a text. A direct message or a comment on a post. Direct communication with individuals in your group is vital. It lets people know they matter to you. Make it a point to connect with your group members on a regular basis.
- Watch online service together. Logon to one of our live online experiences or plan to watch it together on-demand later in the week. Do this live or in person. Discuss the message afterwards.
- Attend the service together in person. Reserve a row and sit together. Then make plans to grab lunch together after service and discuss what you heard.
- Do a reading plan together in the Bible app. It’s easy to get connected to each other through the Bible app. Choose a plan and encourage each other to read and consider the meaning of what was read.
- Find a team to serve on together. Serving alongside people is one of the best ways to grow relationships. We have many teams at Connect Church where you can sign up to serve together.
Have other ideas? We’d love to know them. Share them with us by leaving them in the comments below.